Vishakhapatnam: Almost 178 women workers on Friday fell sick following due to a gas leakage that happened at the laboratory in Atchutapuram of Andhra Pradesh’s Vishakhapatnam. The Andhra Pradesh Industrial Minister Gudivada Amarnath informed about the tragic incident.
The workers fell sick after they inhaled the poisonous gas that leaked at Porus Laboratories Pvt Ltd and gradually took the toll of those affected from the initial 30 and then 87 by noon to 178 in the evening of Friday.
During the day, the Superintendent of Police Gowthami Sali said that the workers were taken to a hospital and their condition was reported stable with zero casualties so far.
“All 178 women workers in the lab who were affected due to gas leakage have been shifted to the hospital. The reasons behind the leakage are yet to be ascertained and a probe is on”, said Lakshman Swami, District fire Officer, as reported by news agency ANI.
More details into the matter are awaited.