New Delhi: The Income Tax Department on Monday (June 7) announced that it was all set to launch the new portal for e-filing to provide a seamless and convenient experience to the taxpayers. The portal www.incometax.gov.in will be unveiled by the government on Monday.
A new ITR preparation software will also be provided to the taxpayers free of cost.
“We are as excited about the new portal as our users! We are at the final stages in the roll-out of the new portal and it will be available shortly. We appreciate your patience as we work towards making it operational soon. #NewPortal,” tweeted the Income Tax Department.
We are as excited about the new portal as our users!
We are at the final stages in the roll-out of the new portal and it will be available shortly. We appreciate your patience as we work towards making it operational soon.#NewPortal
— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) June 7, 2021
Feature of the new portal:
- Immediate processing of Income Tax Returns to ensure quick refunds to users.
- It will provide users information about their information actions on a single dashboard for easy access.
- Users will be sent pending task notifications so that they complete them within the deadline and remain on the right side of the law.
- The new portal will also be enabled with multiple payment options such as net banking, UPI, RTGS, and NEFT.
- A new call centre will soon be set5 up to quickly resolve taxpayers’ queries.
Meanwhile, individual taxpayers can now file their returns before September 30 as the deadline was extended from July 31 by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).