×

Entertainment

Akshay Kumar Tests Positive For Covid-19, Cancels Cannes Visit 

This is the second time in over a year that Akshay Kumar has been diagnosed with coronavirus.

Akshay Kumar Tests Positive For Covid-19, Cancels Cannes Visit. (Photo Credit: Instagram)

Mumbai: Superstar Akshay Kumar on Saturday announced that he has tested positive for the novel coronavirus. The 54-year-old actor said he has cancelled his visit to the India Pavilion at the upcoming Cannes Film Festival following the diagnosis.

“Was really looking forward to rooting for our cinema at the India Pavilion at #Cannes2022, but have sadly tested positive for Covid. Will rest it out. Loads of best wishes to you and your entire team, @ianuragthakur. I will really miss being there,” Kumar wrote on Twitter.

The superstar, who will next be seen in Yash Raj Films’ period drama “Prithviraj”, had previously tested Covid-19 positive last year in April. Maharashtra on Saturday reported 248 new coronavirus infections and one pandemic-related death, the state health department said.

This is the second time in over a year that Akshay Kumar has been diagnosed with coronavirus. In April 2021, he tweeted that he had tested positive for Covid-19. “I wish to inform everyone that, earlier this morning, I tested positive for Covid-19. Following all the protocols, I immediately isolated myself. I’m under home quarantine and have sought necessary medical care. I would sincerely request all those that have come in contact with me to get themselves tested and taken care of. Back in action very soon,” he wrote.

After Akshay’s recovery, his wife Twinkle Khanna had updated fans about his health by sharing a caricature with her husband. Sharing the art, the actor-turned-writer had said on Instagram, “Safe and sound and good to have him back around. #allizwell.” Akshay was hospitalised after testing positive for coronavirus in April 2021.

(With Inputs from PTI)

ALSO READ: Alia Bhatt And Ranbir Kapoor’s One Month Wedding Anniversary, Actress Shares Mushy Pics