New Delhi: Trinamool Congress (TMC) MP and actor Nusrat Jahan has opened up on her personal life and made some shocking revelations about her marriage with Nikhil Jain.
In a statement issued on Wednesday (June 9), Nusrat said that being on a foreign land, as per Turkish Marriage Regulation, the ceremony is invalid.
Moreover since it was an interfaith marriage, it requires validation under Special Marriage Act, which never happened. As per court of law, it is not a marriage, but a live-in relationship.
As the marriage was not valid, tenable and legal, there is no question of divorce. “Our separation happened long back, but I did not speak about it as I intended to keep my private life to myself,” the Basirhat MP said.
She also alleged that her “funds were mishandled” from various accounts without her knowledge. While Nusrat’s assertion clarifies her stance on the “marriage”, with out naming Nikhil, she accused him of mishandling her cash.
READ HER COMPLETE STATEMENT HERE.
- Being on foreign land, as per Turkish Marriage Regulation, the ceremony is invalid. Moreover, since it was an interfaith marriage, it requires validation under Special Marriage Act in India, which did not happen. As per the court of law, it is not a Marriage, but a relationship or a live-in relationship. Thus, the question of divorce does not arise. My actions must not be questioned based on “separation”, by the media or anybody I am not related to.
2. My visit to any place for business or for the purpose of leisure, should not concern anyone with whom I have separated. All my expenses have always been borne by me contrary to claims by “someone”.
3. I would also state that I have solely borne the expenses for my sister’s education and my family’s well-being, from day one, as they have been my responsibility. I need not use or keep anyone’s Credit Card, which I am not related to anymore. This too can be backed up by evidence.
4. The one who claims to be “rich” and “been used by me” has been taking money from my Account by accessing my Bank Accounts illegally and by illegitimate means at odd-hours of the night, even post-separation. I have already taken this up with the concerned Banking Authority and a Police Complaint shall be filed shortly.
In the past, details of all family Accounts were handed over to him, upon his requests and none of me or my family members was aware of any Instructions given to the Bank via. Our Accounts. He has also been mishandling my funds from various accounts without my knowledge and consent. I am still battling it out with the Bank & if need be, would release proof of the same.
5. Also, my belongings, including my Clothes, Bags and Accessories still remain with them. I am disheartened and disappointed to state that all my family jewellery, given to me by my parents, friends and extended family, including my own hard-earned assets has been illegally held back by them.
6. Being “rich’ does not always give a man the right to act as a victim & belittle the woman alone, in this society.
I have made my own identity by my sheer hard work; thus I would not allow anyone not related to me to share the limelight or a title or followers, based on my identity.
7. I would never speak up about my personal life or anyone I am not related to. Thus, people who call themselves “normal people” must not entertain anything which is not related to them. I would request the media to refrain from questioning the wrong person, who has not been a part of my life for long now. Turning a “Sadaharon” person, as claimed by someone, into a “Hero”, giving one-sided stories to malign my image is not desirable. I would earnestly request my friends from the media to not give unnecessary mileage to such people or situations. Thank you, Nusrat Jahan.
Nusrat Jahan got married to businessman Nikhil Jain in Bodrum of Turkey in 2019 after she made her political debut winning the Lok Sabha Elections 2019.