New Delhi: In a tragic incident, nearly 50 people suffered injuries after a swing crashed down from a height of 50 feet at the Dussehra ground in Phase-8 on Sunday evening. After learning about the incident, police rushed to the spot.
The injured were taken to Phase-6 civil hospital in Mohali for treatment, they said. There was a rush of people at the fair because of Sunday being a holiday.
The injured persons which included children and women were shifted to the hospital soon after the incident. According to an official, the organisers of the fair had permission to organise the event till September 4, however, a board notifying the extension of the deadline of the fair was put up at the spot which mentioned September 11 as the deadline.
What we have come to know so far is that they had the permission to organise the show. However, no one would be spared if there is a mistake committed on their part. Strict action will be taken according to the law. We have admitted all the injured persons to the civil hospital,” said DSP Harsimran Singh Bal.
Civil doctor Dr Subhash said that as many as five persons were admitted and “were not in serious condition”. The swing crashed down from a height of 50 feet with nearly 50 people on board.
(With PTI, ANI Inputs)