New Delhi: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Sunday came down heavily on the Narendra Modi-led Central government and said that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) are dividing the country and a sense of fear has engulfed the minds of people about ” their future, inflation and unemployment and that’s turning them towards hate.”
Gandhi further said that the Modi government’s policies are benefitting only two big industrialists.
“BJP giving all the benefits to two people. Now see Narendra Modi did demonetisation. Did it help the poor? The three farm laws that were withdrawn later by the govt were not for farmers but it was for those two industrialists only. But the farmers came on the road and showed their power to Narendra Modi and when PM Modi saw this, he had to take back the three farm laws,” he said.
The Congress leader further said that the Modi government broke the backbone of small and medium enterprises.
“In one way, you are being affected by unemployment and secondly, you are hit by the price rise. Narendra Modi asks what has Congress done in seventy years. I will say this, that in seventy years, Congress has not shown such price rise to the country and when the Opposition wants to raise the issue in Parliament then Narendra Modi’s government doesn’t allow it. Whether it is farmers’ issue or China,” he added.
Making the attack more aggressive, the Congress MP said, “The media is also of these two industrialists, the whole of media is under those two businessmen. People know whose TV it is and whom they are working for. TV and papers are of these two industrialists. Narendra Modi ji works for those two industrialists and those two industrialists work for Narendra Modi ji.”
Here are the latest developments:
– BJP, RSS dividing the country & creating fear in the country: Rahul Gandhi
Hatred is rising in India. Fear of inflation, unemployment increasing in India, due to this hatred is rising. BJP,RSS dividing the country & creating fear in the country.
Only 2 industrialists in the country benefitting from this fear & hatred:Congress MP Rahul Gandhi at ‘Halla Bol’ rally.
– Congress leader & MP Rahul Gandhi arrives at Ramlila Maidan for Congress’ ‘Halla Bol’ march
– Thousands of Cong workers descend at Ramlila Maidan; raise chorus for making Rahul party chief
Slogans of “Rahul Gandhi Zindabad” and “Sonia Gandhi Zindabad” reverberated through the air on Sunday as thousands of Congress supporters reached the Ramlila Maidan here to raise their voice against price rise and unemployment.
Many Congress workers, who came to attend the ‘Mehngai Par Halla Bol’ rally, put up banners demanding Rahul Gandhi to once again lead the party.
“Rahul ji is our true leader and we have full faith in him that he will restore the glory of the Congress. He should be made the party president,” Deepesh Singh, who came to attend the rally from Muzaffarnagar in western Uttar Pradesh, said.
– Congress workers marching against price rise detained by the Delhi police. The protestors were moving from Banga Bhawan to AICC headquarters at Akbar Road.
– Today’s Halla Bol rally has nothing to do with state elections or the 2024 election, says Jairam Ramesh
Congress General Secretary (Communications) Jairam Ramesh on Sunday said today’s Halla Bol rally has nothing to do with upcoming Assembly elections in some States or the 2024 Lok Sabha elections, adding that it is a befitting message to the “insensitive central government” as people are troubled by inflation and unemployment.
“Today’s Halla Bol rally has nothing to do with state elections or the 2024 election. It is a befitting message to the insensitive central government as people of the country remain troubled by inflation and unemployment,” said Ramesh.
“People should have got relief after the pandemic but Modi-made inflation has brought disaster. That is why today the Congress party is going to hold a rally on inflation at Ramlila Maidan in Delhi. Come together, raise your voice against inflation”, Jairam Ramesh said urging people to gather in this rally.
He further said that the national leaders of all Congress from different States will be seen together on the stage at Ramlila Maidan today and Congress will speak strongly against the government regarding inflation and unemployment.
– Congress leader & MP Rahul Gandhi arrives in Delhi ahead of Congress’ ‘Halla Bol’ march
– Preparations underway at Ramlila Maidan in Delhi for the Congress party’s ‘Mehangai Par Halla Bol’ rally to be held today
– Congress president Rahul Gandhi and other party leaders would address the “Mehngai par halla bol” rally
– The “Bharat Jodo Yatra” is the Congress party’s biggest ever mass contact programme, where the party leaders will reach out to the common people at the grassroots level.
– The rally comes ahead of the opposition party’s 3,500-km “Bharat Jodo Yatra” from Kanyakumari to Kashmir starting September 7, where Rahul Gandhi will walk across the country highlighting the issues of price rice and unemployment, and promoting communal harmony.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra are currently out of the country for the former’s medical treatment and would not participate in the events.
Rahul Gandhi, who is also abroad currently along with his mother Sonia Gandhi returned on Saturday and is all set to participate in both the mega events.
The Congress has been attacking the government over price rise and unemployment and saying that these are issues of the common people and should be discussed at all forums.
The opposition party is also seeking a solution to the problems of price rise, inflation and unemployment, besides the hike in the Goods and Services Tax (GST) on essential items, and want efforts on the part of the establishment to help provide respite to people.
On Sunday, former Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad is also scheduled to address his first public rally after quitting the party at the Sainik farms in Jammu.
Azad, who was critical of the Congress leadership in his resignation letter, may step up his attack further on Sunday.
The Congress has, however, termed the former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister’s public utterances against its leadership as “diversionary tactics” initiated at the behest of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
(With ANI Inputs)