New Delhi: AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday said his party will ensure that justice will be served and all sacrilege cases in the state will be solved if his party is voted into power. While announcing AAP’s agenda for Punjab, the AAP chief said, “So many cases of sacrilege have taken place in the state and the cases have happened in all the religions but no one behind it was punished even in one incident.”
Speaking on the issue of unemployment in the state, Kejriwal said, “Youngsters are struggling for jobs, their is an umemployed person in every household. The youth of Punjab looks to go to Canada and all the parents want their children to go Canada for jobs.”
“We will create new jobs for the youth and we know how to do it and will bring back the youngsters of Punjab who went to Canada for employment,” he added.
Arvind Kejriwal said we have prepared a 10-point ‘Punjab Model’ to make the state developed and prosperous if AAP comes to power.
Here is the list of all the promises AAP made ahead of the elections in February:
- Employment for the youth of Punjab.
- To put an end to drug addiction in the state.
- Will ensure peace and improve law and order system in the state.
- Will make Punjab corruption free.
- Will improve the education system in the state and work to improve government schools.
- Will improve medical infrastructure in the state.
- Will provide 24 hours electricity in the state.
- All women of 18 years and above will receive Rs 1000 every month.
- Will solve all possible farm issues.
- Will improve trade and commerce in the state and end raid raj.
“All the other parties in Punjab are scared of AAP and all the parties have got together to defeat AAP and Punjab but now entire Punjab is together to put their wrong intentions to rest,” Kejriwal said.
Arvind Kejriwal also said on Wednesday that the party would announce its chief ministerial candidate for Punjab next week. Kejriwal, who is in Chandigarh for a two-day visit, said, “We will announce AAP’s CM candidate for Punjab next week.”
The Punjab election is scheduled for February 14 and the result will be announced on March 10. This time, Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) has joined hands with BSP and BJP is contesting elections with former Punjab CM Captain Amarinder Singh’s Punjab Lok Congress and Shiromani Akali Dal (Sanyukt).
In the 2017 assembly election, the Congress party won the polls, securing 77 seats of the 117 total constituencies. AAP had emerged runner-up, winning 20 seats. Akali Dal had won 15 seats and its alliance partner BJP in 3 seats.
(With ANI Inputs)