New Delhi: The last date to link the Permanent Account Number (PAN) with your Aadhaar Card is March 31, 2021. On failing to link your PAN card with your Aadhaar Card by March 31, 2021, not only will your PAN card become inoperative, but you will also be charged a penalty of Rs 1000.
In the Finance Bill 2020, the Government of India had made it mandatory to link the PAN with Aadhaar by March 31, 2021. The Government even added Section 234H in the Income Tax Act, 1961 to penalise those who fail to link their PAN with Aadhaar before the deadline.
Follow these steps to link your PAN with Aadhaar:
1. Visit the e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department
2. On the Homepage of the portal, click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option
3. Fill in your PAN and Aadhaar Card details
4. Check your Aadhaar Card whether it has your complete Date of Birth details or just the year of birth. If it has just your year of birth, then check the box, else leave it unchecked.
5. Click on the ‘agree ‘checkbox to verify your Aadhaar details.
6. Click on the Link Aadhaar button after filling in the captcha code.
Your Aadhar will get linked to your PAN after validation from the UIDAI. This process will hardly take 2 minutes. Go link your Aadhar Card with PAN as soon as possible.