New Delhi: Maharashtra Deputy Speaker Narhari Zirwal is likely to send notices to 16 Shiv Sena rebel MLAs, including Eknath Shinde, on Saturday for a hearing on the petition filed by the party for their suspension. The hearing may take place on Monday, June 27, news agency ANI cited its sources as saying.
Earlier in the day, NCP chief Sharad Pawar, Deputy CM Ajit Pawar met Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray at his residence Matoshree. The leaders were accompanied by state minister Jayant Patil and NCP leader Praful Patel. The Shiv Sena called a meeting of the party’s national executive committee at Sena Bhavan in Mumbai tomorrow at 1 pm. The Chief Minister will join the meeting through video conferencing.
– Ready To Quit If You Say I Am Incapable | “If you think I’m useless and incapable of running the party, tell me. I’m ready to separate myself from the party, you can tell me. You respected me so far because Balasaheb said so. If you say I am incapable, then I am ready to quit the party right at this moment,” the Maharashtra CM says.
– Those Who Want To Go With BJP, Can Go, I Won’t: Uddhav | “A few days back when I suspected this, I called Eknath Shinde and told him to perform his duty of taking Shiv Sena forward, doing this isn’t right. He told me NCP-Congress are trying to finish us and MLAs want us to go with BJP. I told him to bring to me MLAs who want it,” says Thackeray.
“BJP, that defamed our party, my family, is the one you are talking about going with. Such a question doesn’t even arise. If MLAs want to go there they can, all of them can. I won’t. If someone wants to go – be it an MLA or someone else – come and tell us and then go,” he says.
– “Congress and NCP are supporting us today, Sharad Pawar and Sonia Gandhi have supported us. But our own people have backstabbed us. We gave tickets to people who could not have won and we made them victorious. Those people have backstabbed us today,” says Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray.
– Shiv Sena calls a meeting of the party’s national executive committee at Sena Bhavan, Mumbai tomorrow at 1 pm. CM will join the meeting through video conferencing.
– In a meeting of Shiv Sena’s rebel MLAs, they have planned to take a resolution to oust Deputy Speaker Narhari Zirwal. Action is being taken to prepare for the Motion with the signature of 46 MLAs of the rebel group: Sources
– Shiv Sena workers vandalise office of rebel MLA Mangesh Kudalkar in Kurla, Mumbai.
– Emotional reply by rebel MLA Yamini Jadhav claims that she had Cancer and Uddhav never asked about her health
– Maharashtra: Shinde camp moves no-confidence motion against Deputy Speaker of Maharashtra Assembly Narhari Zirwal, say sources.
– Shiv Sena leader Aaditya Thackeray leaves from Shiv Sena Bhawan after attending the party’s district leaders’ meeting in Mumbai.
– Shivaji Maharaj was defeated but people were always with him: Uddhav Thackeray.
Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray attended the meeting with meeting with District leaders present in Sena Bhavan through video conferencing. “I had pain in my neck & head, I was not able to work properly, I could not open my eyes but I did not care about it. Shivaji Maharaj was defeated but people were always with him”, Thackeray said in the meeting.
Eknath Shinde’s son is an MP from Shiv Sena, I did everything for him. The department I had was given to Shinde. But he is making several allegations against me. I did everything for Eknath Shinde, Thackeray further said.
– Eknath Shinde returns to Radisson Blu Hotel in Guwahati: Shiv Sena’s Eknath Shinde returns to Radisson Blu Hotel in Guwahati after around 2.5 hours. He had reportedly visited Kamakhya Temple to offer prayers.
– We have majority: Ajit Pawar I “Shiv Sena+NCP+Congress together, we have a majority,” said Maharashtra Deputy CM and NCP leader Ajit Pawar.
– NCP leaders to meet CM at 6.30 pm today: “NCP leaders will go to meet CM at 6.30 PM today at Matoshree. Our stand is the same as yesterday. We will try to keep the government stable,” said Maharashtra Deputy CM and NCP leader Ajit Pawar.
– Leaders took advantage when I was unwell: Uddhav Thackeray I Shiv Sena chief and Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray said that as he was unwell party leaders took advantage of the situation.
– Shiv Sena supporters throws black ink at Eknath Shinde’s posters; raise slogans against him in Nasik.
– In Pics: Rebel Maharashtra Shiv Sena MLAs with Eknath Shinde in Guwahati hotel.
– Amid buzz of Eknath Shinde leaving for Mumbai, a Shinde camp MLA has denied reports of him leaving Guwahati.
– Ajay Chaudhary appointed new legislative party leader of Shiv Sena: Deputy Speaker of Maharashtra assembly approves Ajay Chaudhary as the new legislative party leader of Shiv Sena. Eknath Shinde had objected Chaudhary’s appointment.
– BJP MLC Pravin Darekar writes to Governor seeking his intervention on MVA’s rapid decision on schemes.
– We will complete next 2 and half years of the term: Sanjay Raut I Shiv sena ledaer Sanjay Raut said that MVA is stable and will stay for its full term.
“Just met Sharad Pawar, he is Bhishma Pitamah. We are ready to fight,” added Sanjay Raut.
– Deputy Speaker sent notice to 12 MLAs: Deputy Speaker Narhari Zirwal has sent notice to 12 Sena MLAs after Sena Whip Sunil Prabhu sought their disqualification.
If the Deputy Speaker disqualifies them then the matter goes to court and could be long drawn out
– Sena requests disqualification of four more rebel MLAs: The Shiv Sena faction headed by CM Uddhav Thackeray has written to the Deputy Speaker of the Maharashtra Assembly, demanding disqualification of a total of 16 MLAs from the rebel Eknath Shinde camp.
– Sanjay Bhosale who reportedly was in Guwahati to mediate with rebel faction detained by Assam Police.
– Shiv Sena Sanjay Raut to meet NCP chief Sharad Pawar at 11:30 am today at Chavan Centre.
– Eknath Shinde camp strength to go up to 38 MLAs: MLA Dilip Lande is enroute to Guwahati. With him the strength of Shinde camp is to go up to 38 MLAs.
– “WE are unhappy with Uddhav Thackeray; won’t return to Mumbai before floor test, will directly reach Assembly: Rebel MLA Deepak Kesarkar I In an exclusive interview with India Ahead, rebel MLA Deepak Kesarkar said that no one from BJP is threatening us. We are unhappy with CM Uddhav Thackeray.
“Our only demand is that Shiv Sena should leave NCP. We won’t return to Mumbai before floor test, will directly reach Assembly,” he said.
– Process underway to disqualify 12 MLAs: Sanjay Raut I “Process underway to disqualify 12 MLAs of Eknath Shinde faction. Their numbers are only on the papers. Shiv Sena is a big ocean such waves come and go,” said Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut.
– Uddhav to brief Sena councillors today: Shiv Sena has called an emergency meeting of councillors of the Mumbai Municipal Corporation to prevent them from switching loyalties to Shinde. This meeting will be held at the Sena Bhawan at 7:30 pm today.
– Sanjay Raut accuses BJP of using foul language against NCP chief Sharad Pawar: “A central minister of the BJP has said that if attempts are made to save MVA govt, then Sharad Pawar will not be allowed to go home. Whether or not the MVA govt survives, use of such language for Sharad Pawar is not acceptable,” tweets Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut.
– We are not scared: Eknath Shinde I In an exclusive conversation with India Ahead, Eknath Shinde said, “We have 37 Sena MLAs and others in support, they can’t disqualify us. We will decide now on the timing of the meeting with the Governor.”
– Shinde says ‘national party’ has assured all help: Shiv Sena leader Eknath Shinde, whose rebellion against the party has pushed the three-party Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) government to the brink of collapse, said a “national party” has termed their revolt as “historic” and assured to provide all help to them.
– 37 rebel Sena MLAs sent a letter to Deputy Speaker of Maharashtra Assembly, declare Shinde as their leader: Eknath Shinde on Thursday evening sent a letter to the deputy speaker, signed by 37 Sena MLAs who are currently staying with him in Guwahati. The letter stated that Shinde will remain their group leader in the legislature.