Mystery Over Mahant Narendra Giri’s Death Deepens As Another Seer Claims Suicide Letter Not Written By Deceased

UP Police has constituted an 18-member SIT to probe the death of Akhil Bharatiya Akhada Parishad president Mahant Narendra Giri.

Mahant Narendra Giri Maharaj’s body was found in Baghambari math in Uttar Pradesh’s Prayagraj.

New Delhi: Mahant Narendra Giri Maharaj, President of the Akhil Bharatiya Akhada Parishad, was found dead at his residence in Uttar Pradesh’s Prayagraj. Mahant Giri was found dead on Monday.

On Tuesday, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, Deputy CM Keshav Prasad Maurya and Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav had paid their respects to the seer at the Muth.

The Uttar Pradesh Police had constituted an 18-member SIT to probe the death of the seer. His disciple Anand Giri was detained in Haridwar. He was produced in a court in Allahabad on Wednesday. 

ALSO READ: Mahant Narendra Giri Death Case: 18-Member SIT Formed, Disciple Anand Giri Detained

A purported suicide note was also found, in which the seer wrote that Anand Giri was trying to blackmail him using a morphed picture of a woman. The seer purportedly wrote that he would rather die with dignity than face this false accusation.

However, according to the latest claims, Mahant Narendra Giri Maharaj might have actually not written the suicide letter himself.

According to a Mahant, who had known him for several years, Giri had never written anything in over 21 years. This has sparked a fresh controversy in the case.

ALSO READ: Mahant Narendra Giri Laid To Rest In Allahabad

The last rites of Akhil Bharatiya Akhara Parishad president Mahant Narendra Giri were performed here on Wednesday (September 22) at Baghambari Muth, where the seer was buried in samadhi two days after he was found dead by his disciples.

Earlier in the day, a panel of five doctors conducted an autopsy, after which the body was given a bath at the Sangam, the confluence of the Ganga, Yamuna and mythical Sarasvati rivers.

The seer was given the “bhoo samadhi” under a lemon tree in the Muth around 3 pm. The post-mortem examination lasted for about two-and-a-half-hours and the report was handed over to senior police officials in a sealed cover.