New Delhi: The Supertech twin towers in Noida were demolished on Sunday, a year after the Supreme Court’s direction to raze the illegally built structures to the ground.
The 100-metre-tall structures were brought to the ground. Both the towers, which are taller than Delhi’s Qutub Minar were brought down in less than 15 seconds by waterfall implosion technique.
Here are all the developements:
– “Broadly, no damage to nearby housing societies. Only some bit of debris has come towards the road. We will get a better idea of the situation in an hour”: Noida Authority CEO Ritu Maheshwari.
– In Pics: Supertech Twin Towers Razed To Ground
– Watch: Supertech Twin Towers Razed To Ground
– No deviation from building plan was made: Supertech on twin towers
“No deviation from building plan was made…However, SC has not found the construction satisfactory on technical grounds & accordingly issued orders to demolish the two towers. We respect the orders of the Apex Court, committed to implement the same”: Supertech on twin towers
– 50 beds and 7-8 ambulances are ready in case any emergency arises. Suggestion to people in surrounding areas is to stay indoors, close doors & windows of houses, turn on air purifiers, wear N-95 mask if going out: Doctor, Felix Hospital, Noida.
– Residents of two housing societies near Noida’s Supertech Twin Towers evacuated.
– NDRF team arrives for deployment in the area of demolition.
– We filed a petition in High Court in 2012. We’re very happy to have won this battle of 10 yrs. Long-term benefits of demolition will be seen in 3 months: UBS Teotia, RWA Pres, Emerald Court & petitioner in Twin Towers case.
– Special dust machine installed at demolition site to monitor pollution levels after the demolition takes place in Sector 93A, UP.
– A green corridor has been established to attend to any emergency situation. Traffic diversion plans being implemented in the area: Ganesh Prasad Saha, DCP, Traffic
– Expressway only to be closed right before the blast at around 2.15pm. It will be opened half an hour after blast, soon as dust settles down. Instant command centre has 7 CCTV cameras. Traffic expert here along with us, monitoring all congestion points: DCP Rajesh S.
– 560 police personnel, 100 people from reserve forces, 4 Quick Response Teams & NDRF team deployed. Traffic diversion points activated: DCP Central Rajesh S.
– A combined force of NGOs is working to rescue dogs at the last moment before demolition today.
– Police announce to vacate the area around Supertech Twin Towers in Sector 93A, Noida where cranes have started coming in.
– Around 5,000 residents of Emerald Court and adjoining ATS Village societies in Sector 93A have been asked to vacate their premises by 7 am on Sunday while also removing nearly 3,000 vehicles and taking away 150-200 pets, including cats and dogs, with them for the day. Many residents left on Saturday itself.
– There was excitement and anticipation as several people, including families and children, gathered at the site on the intervening night of Saturday and Sunday, clicking selfies and taking videos of the two towers.
– Over 3,700 kg explosives will be used to bring down the structures in pursuance of a Supreme Court order that found their construction within the Emerald Court society premises in violation of norms.
– The stage is set for the safe demolition of Supertech’s twin towers in Noida this afternoon in what is expected to be a breathtaking spectacle of engineering to raze to the ground the nearly 100-metre-tall structures borne out of corruption.
– Supreme Court had said that it was a result of “nefarious complicity” between the Noida Authority and Supertech and ordered that the company shall carry out the demolition at its own expense under the supervision of the Noida Authority and an expert body like the Central Building Research Institute.
(With PTI, ANI Inputs)