New Delhi: The showdown over the suspension of 12 Rajya Sabha MPs for their alleged misconduct disrupted the proceedings on the third day of the ongoing Winter session of Parliament on Wednesday. Earlier the House saw three adjournments– first till noon, second till 2 pm and again till 3pm amid ruckus over the suspension.
Rajya Sabha on the first day of its business for the Winter Session on Monday suspended 12 of its members for the rest of the current session on account of ‘unruly and violent behaviour’ during the Monsoon Session of Parliament.
Here are the top updates from Day 3 of the Winter Session of Parliament:
– Lok Sabha adjourned till Thursday, December 2.
– The Lok Sabha passed the Assisted Reproductive Technology (Regulation) Bill, 2020 with a voice vote. The bill that seeks to establish a national board and state boards for the regulation and supervision of ART clinics and ART banks for the safe and ethical practice of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) services.
– Rajya Sabha adjourned for the day as the Opposition continued ruckus over the suspension of 12 members of the House.
– “The government is aware of growing risks of dominance of various big tech platforms on Internet and is deploying tools and capabilities to deal with the same including actively working with social media intermediaries,” the Ministry of Electronics and IT told Lok Sabha on Wednesday. “Presently, there is no proposal for enactment of a law by the Ministry in this regard,” it said.
– Rajya Sabha proceedings adjourned till 3pm following sloganeering by Opposition MPs.
– Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra S Shekhawat moves Dam Safety Bill, 2019 in Rajya Sabha amid sloganeering by Opposition MPs in the House.
-Suspended Rajya Sabha MPs on Wednesday sat on a protest near Gandhi statue inside Parliament premises against their suspension from the House for the remaining part of the winter session.
-Rajya Sabha has been adjourned till 12 noon following the uproar by Opposition MPs on Wednesday, the third day of the ongoing winter session of Parliament.
-Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Mansukh Mandaviya will move the Assisted Reproductive Technology (Regulation) Bill, 2020 in Lok Sabha on Wednesday.
-Rajya Sabha MP and senior Congress leader Shaktisinh Gohil on Wednesday gave the suspension of business notice to Rajya Sabha Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu over the issue of rising prices of essential commodities.
On the first day of the winter session, Parliament passed the Farm Laws Repeal Bill, 2021 without discussion. The winter session of Parliament began amid protests and sloganeering by Opposition, which demanded discussion on the repeal bill among other issues. Amid the uproar, Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha were both adjourned till 11 am on Tuesday. The winter session, which convened on Monday, is scheduled to conclude on December 23.
(With Inputs From ANI)