Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government on Tuesday (June 15) postponed its order to open the Chardham Yatra for people from three districts- Chamoli, Rudraprayag, and Uttarkashi.
Government Spokesperson and Cabinet Minister, Subodh Uniyal told ANI that the hearing is underway at Nainital High Court regarding the Chardham Yatra.
The state government will reconsider opening the yatra after June 16, he added.
This comes a day after Uniyal had announced that the residents of Chamoli, Rudraprayag and Uttarkashi have been permitted to visit the Char Dham sites of Badrinath, Kedarnath and Gangotri-Yamunotri, respectively. For this, a negative report of RTPCR was made mandatory.
The Uttarakhand government on Monday extended the Covid-19 curfew in the hill state by one more week to June 22. During the extended lokdown, markets will open for three days a week, sweet shops for five days. Autos have been allowed to operate in cities, as well as it has been decided to open revenue courts.
Earlier in order to contain the COVID-19 outbreak, Uttarakhand government had announced a state-wide lockdown from May 11 till May 18.
Government Spokesperson and Cabinet minister Subodh Uniyal revealed that shops will remain open from 7 am to 10 am during the lockdown, except for on Monday, where shops will stay open till 1 pm.
“Uttarakhand government has decided to impose ‘COVID Curfew’ between 6 am on May 11 and 6 am on May 18 across the state to contain the spread of the disease,” Uniyal said.
He also added that all “essential services will be allowed during this period”.
As per the official release from the Uttarakhand government, shops selling fruits, vegetables, dairy items will remain open from 7am-10am. Meanwhile, shopping malls, market complexes, gyms, theatres, assembly halls, bars, liquor shops to remain closed until further orders.
(With inputs from ANI)