Bengaluru: In the wake of the COVID-19 situation in the state, the Karnataka government on Saturday said only the sick and patients requiring emergency care may visit the hospitals for the next two weeks to prevent crowding. The government has asked all the other patients with mild illness requiring outpatient or follow-up care not to visit hospitals till then or till further orders.
“In pursuant to the existing COVID-19 situation, it is hereby informed that only sick and patients requiring emergency care may visit the hospitals/super-specialty hospitals and autonomous institutions,” a notification from the Principal Secretary, Health and Family Welfare Department, T K Anil Kumar said.
All other patients with mild illness which requires outpatient care/ follow-up care/elective case including dental patients should not visit the hospitals for the next two weeks or till further orders to prevent crowding and the spread of COVID-19, it said.
Private hospitals have also been instructed to take similar steps. The state has been registering a spike in cases.
Karnataka on Saturday logged 32,793 new cases of COVID-19, and 7 fatalities, taking the tally to 31,86,040 and the death toll to 38,418. The state, which has been witnessing a steady surge in cases since the last week of December, had recorded 28,723 fresh infections on Friday.
Of the new cases today, 22,284 were from Bengaluru Urban that saw 2,479 people being discharged and 5 deaths.