New Delhi: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) announced the results for class 12 on Friday (July 30).
“The result will be announced at 2 PM today,” a senior board official had said earlier.
The board exams were cancelled this year in view of the aggressive second wave of Covid-19, and the result will be announced on basis of an alternate assessment policy by the board.
Once declared, the Class 12 students can check their results from CBSE’s official website – cbseresults.nic.in, Umang app, DIgilocker or through SMS.
Steps to check CBSE Class 12 Board Exam 2021 result online-
Visit the official website- cbseresults.nic.in.
Click on ‘CBSE Class 12’ result link. Submit registration number, roll number and other log-in credentials.
Class12 results will appear on the screen.
Download the marksheet and take a print out for further reference.
The Supreme Court had in June gave a go-ahead to the assessment scheme brought out by the Central Board of Secondary Education and Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) Boards to evaluate the class 12 students examination pattern.
The Supreme Court in its order had dismissed the number of petitions challenging the CBSE and ICSE decision to cancel Class 12 examinations.
The CBSE in the affidavit said that the disputes regarding the result computation will be referred to a committee. The Board said that the examination will be held tentatively between August 15-September 15, when the situation is conducive, and marks in the optional exam are to be treated as final marks.
The CBSE in its affidavit had said that it would follow a 30:30:40 formula to evaluate class 12 students based on the results of Class-X, XI and XII examinations respectively.
The formula is as follows:
- 30 per cent of the weightage will be given to Class X marks of the students.
- 30 per cent of the weightage will be given to Class XII marks of the students.
- 40 per cent of the weightage will be given to Class XII marks obtained in unit test/mid-term/pre-board exams.
Meanwhile, the ICSE has also introduced its marking policy which will look :
- Marks obtained in Class X.
- Project and Practical Work.
- Performance of students in Class XII examination.
- Marks Obtained in Tests/MidTerms/PreBoards in Class XII.
- Best Performance of the School in the past six years.