India’s oldest clubs, the Secunderabad Club was engulfed in a massive fire. The incident took place early morning on Sunday. The fire department said that a short-circuit could be the reason behind the fire.
Established by the British in 1878 and built across nearly 22 acres of land, the Club is one of the oldest in the country.
Reportedly, the fire started at around 2:30 am and was doused by 6 am. Damages of Rs. 35-40 crore have been estimated due to the accident.
According to Officials, no casualties have been reported till now.