New Delhi: World Red Cross Day or Red Crescent Day is celebrated on May 8 every year. The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is dedicated to preventing and alleviating human suffering in warfare and in emergencies such as epidemics, floods and earthquakes.
It marks the birth anniversary of Henry Dunant, who is the founder of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world.
Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers.
It is not a single organization. It is composed of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and the 190 individual National Societies. Each has its own legal identity and role, but they are all united by seven Fundamental Principles.
These principles are humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. Each component of the Movement is committed to respect and uphold them. Here are a few wishes and messages you can share on World Red Cross Day.
World Red Cross Day Wishes/Messages-
- There is only one way to celebrate World Red Cross Day and that is by working together to make our society a healthier one… Happy Red Crescent Day.
- Sending you warm wishes on World Red Cross Day.
- Let us take inspiration from those helping hands and do out a little bit for the society… Happy Red Crescent Day!!!
- Let us join hands to make everyone in this world healthier and happier… Happy World Red Cross Day!!!
- It is the duty of every human to serve humanity and we must always do so to extend our contribution towards Red Cross.
- A warm thank you to all those who are selflessly serving humanity and bringing a good change in the society… Happy World Red Cross Day to all.
World Red Cross Day Quotes-
”Philanthropy, like Red Cross voluntarism, is realizing the enhancing influence of cultural diversity. Inviting the full participation of all the community’s resources leads to win-win situations”.—Gwen Jackson”I like the influence and responsibility the Red Cross has become known for”.—Zulay Henao
”After what others would call a fun day out together, we feel as if we have been at the Red Cross, donating blood”.—Anneli Rufus